If the image doesn’t work CLICK HERE. We are VERY sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. Please download and print to replace the current November 2016.
Going on vacation or out for a few days and unable to care for your rabbits?
We have 7 years vet clinic experience and can administer meds/give injections if need be. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to book an appointment.
Right now we are looking for responsible adults who are willing to donate a bit of their time each month to help Rabbit Rescue. Positions we desperately need:
- Fundraising – We need multiple personnel to independently generate ideas and work with the Director to execute fundraising initiatives.
- Advocates – Also multiple personnel to go to your local pet shop to raise awareness about Rabbit Rescue Inc as well as ask for supply donations. Guide packages with signage and tools will be provided.
Also looking for many volunteers for our yearly Bunfest in Toronto:
- 2017 Vendor seeking, setup and management (multiple people would be ideal)
- Organize and recruit baked goods and silent auction items
- Adoption centre
- 2017 Photographer for bunny photo booth
- Helping hands – go where is needed to help vendors set up and run their tables if necessary
All positions require working with the Director of Rabbit Rescue or a member of the current volunteer team. If you think you would be an ideal candidate for any of the positions listed above please contact us for more information.
A great way to try a new challenge and help lots of bunnies in the process.
Stop stocking rabbit meat.
Help us get to 5,000 signatures!!!!
We are appalled to learn that Loblaw Companies Ltd including Fortinos, Loblaws and Zehrs now carry rabbit meat. Many of the individual store managers have expressed that they do NOT wish to sell it in their store, but are forced to by head office.
The petition in one day has gained 1600 supporters! Please help us stop this. SIGN HERE.
In Canada, there are NO Codes of Practice for Rabbits under the Humane Slaughter Act. There are no laws that require livestock rabbits to receive minimum amounts of food, water, space, sensible handling, or effective medical care. We will not support stores that are responsible for the suffering and death of animals that many people consider pets.
They are not yours to hang by a leg, electrocute, stab, eviscerate and decapitate.